Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Should I Buy An Anti Virus Software Or Not

As you sit in front of your PC tapping away on your favourite programme, playing your favourite game or just writing an email to close friend or relative, when suddenly your mind wanders and you keep asking yourself why would anybody want to hack into my computer or even send a virus my way to destroy my computer. What possible enjoyment can anybody get from doing this, I have often asked myself the same question, but who knows how the minds of some work. Today’s modern criminals don’t care who you are or even what would happen to you should they succeed in their attempts to invader your privacy, but don’t despair there are answers.The first thing you should consider is a good anti virus software solution, but don’t be fooled into thinking I will just get one of those free solutions available on the internet, why would anything that’s free be in any good. Remember you are protecting your computer, your life. As you consider what to buy ask yourself some important questions, if I run into difficulty trying to install it on my PC is there support available for me, what about ease of use, you know yourself how computer literate you are, buying something you will never really know how to use is a complete waste of time really.Other things you should consider are updates, will you get these free or will your new anti virus software be a complete drain on your wallet, how will you know if they become available. With my anti virus I get a prompt in my system tray to inform me that updates have become available saving me the need to keep checking an internet site to find them. What about scheduling jobs, can it check your computer regularly without you having to set it going and can you control when and how often it does it. Will it work with my email software as I know this is a proven way of a virus being sent?Lots of things to consider I know but with all the available anti virus software on the market today you should really not be leaving yourself vulnerable to these sort of malicious attacks from people who really couldn’t careless about the damage and upset they cause. I know what your know thinking I have heard that anti virus software can actually interfere with some of the programmes already on my computer and in some cases this is true, I have experienced this myself especially with online software, but do you really want to leave yourself open to these sorts of attacks, I know I would rather protect my privacy and computer then be able to use some nice piece of software on the internet that is going to leave me open to attack.Something else you may wish to consider is back ups, if you use your computer regularly you should back up your important files to CD or even use an online resource to do this for you, One I know of is Carbonite, as should the unthinkable actually happen and a virus does attack your computer it could all be too late.I know I enjoy my online experiences and love using my computer and can’t believe how far the world has progressed in my lifetime but for all the good things in life there is always somebody wanting to ruin it for you so if you don’t take my advise seek that of others and protect yourself with a good anti virus software and don’t live to regret the day that you decided that’s not for me, I have better things to spend my money. With many good products around from companies such as kaspersky, Norton, Trend and McAfee you should really protect yourself today so that you can live for the future.
By: shaun100367
Article Directory: http://www.articledashboard.com
Shaun Sawyer Webmaster@www.doubleclickandgo.com
 
Computers Blogs - Blog Top Sites Directory of Computers/Tech Blogs